Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yesterday was our first full day in Oklahoma. We were set to meet the manager for the show we would be training for here in Oklahoma City at 10. It's about a 25 min walk from our hotel to the theater so after we hit the continental breakfast (woo hoo free food). We set off on the days adventure. Ashley and I were less than pleased with the distance but I also think its kinda nice to get in some exercise after all the food we ate in NYC. We met up with Alex and his girlfriend Paige who are co-managers for the Shreck tour. We got there in time to help them set up the bother help load in all the merch. It was a busy day. We stopped to eat lunch down the street and dinner with the cast and crew of the show. We met the understudies for Check and Donkey and the woman who is the voice of the dragon. We had to go past the stage and through the backstage area to get to dinner. It was really neat to see how many people it takes to make the show work. Shreck is in makeup for 2 hours before the show starts. There were about 20 wardrobe booths and 6 makeup people if I had to guess plus all the props and backdrop stuff. It's Def not a small production.

Well with all that going on for the show the merch booths have about 30 different items to sell. The show started at 7:30 so the doors opened at 6:30 for people to come in to begin their purchases and hang out before the show starts. I was a cash seller and I was supposed to walk around selling shreck and Fiona head bands as well as the color programs. Ashley was in a booth selling the same along with cd's. We sell before the show, during intermission and walk out as everyone is leaving. I did pretty good and sold about $500, which I've been told is very good for a walking cash seller. Ashley and I switch tonight and she gets to walk around while I sell at the booth so wish me luck.

So we got to the theater at 10 in the morning and left around 11 that night. We were exhausted when we got back to the hotel. So basically today was our sleep in day and we don't have to be to the theater till tonight at 5. So far its been really educational and we are learning a ton of stuff. Our show will not be as big as shreck but its good to train with a big show so that when we do our small show it will seem more manageable.

Remember I was complaining about no toilet seat covered in New York? You gotta see my short video about what I saw at the Oklahoma City airport on my face book. I've never seen anything like it in my life! Have a great day "Y'all"!

No comments:

Post a Comment