Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year

I like to use the New Year as a starting point each year. I do like to make a resolution to change something each year because the 1st always seems ideal. I have a few goals for 2011 because the year of 2010 started out as an amazing year and quickly took a turn for the worst year. It can't get much worse than this right? Well since June 17th I have tried to imagaine how my situation could be worse. Sadly It's what helps me stay strong because no matter what someone, somewhere else is in a deeper hole than I am. I have done my best to count my blessings even during the most trying period of my life and its what keeps me going.

My goals:
1. To make these "La Belle Vie" Blog posts less sad... to post more pictures and make people want to read what I have to say and not be emotionally drained after reading.

2. To meet a million people on the road (well maybe not a million, but a lot).

3. To be a Christian example to others. I fall short often but feel like through Tysons death I have become closer to God and my faith. The Associate Pastor at my church sent this link out for reading plans to start the year off and I choose

to download the plan to read chronologically. I have so much to learn and will have a ton of downtime each day.

4. To find happiness of sorts. I guess to just be happy with all my decisions and to live life to the fullest. Never have any regrets and to grow as a person. To be aware that I will stumble and fall short, but to just get back up, put my big girl panties on and deal with it!

5. To get in shape! Again, I will have a ton of downtime so there are no excusses. I healthy body translates to a healthy mind. On my hardest days I have wanted to just throw on some running shoes and go but stangely have been too busy for too much of that in 2010.

I load out all the show merch on Sunday night and fly out with Ashley by my side on Monday. I am excited to start this new chapter in my life but deelpy saddened by everything I will miss out on in 2011 back at home. I know that God has set this path for me and I need to follow it as hard as it is. Don't forget to come visit us in any city you want to come see on our tour. We will save a place for you on the floor of our hotel room :)

2010 has been made easier with the help and love of God, The love of my life Tyson (who I have found that each day I find new eveidence that he is STILL taking care of me), my loving family who have carried me through this year, my amazing friends who have been nothing but understanding and patient with me, and strangers who have been supportive and generously praying for our entire family. Thank you to all of you!

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.





One last thing...

In the months after Tyson died I have debated and prayed and thought about a tattoo. Well as you may know Tysons big brother Timmy got one a few months after Tyson died. Seeing how he choose to honor Tyson made me want one even more but I decided to wait a little while and make sure its what I truly wanted. Two days before the 6 month anniversary I went down to the tattoo shop and did it...






Tyson is a huge part of who I am now and I wanted to have something to always remember him by. I choose "TwenTy" just like Timmy has because 20 was Tysons football number and capitalized the last "T" to make "Ty" standout. Then I added purple puzzle piece around it. Tyson loved puzzles, I think its because he liked to take something all jumbled and confusing and make it nice and neat, he loved to be challeneged - I even gave him puzzle piece cuff links the day of our wedding.





I also like to think of our lives as a puzzle and we slowly find pieces to make it complete. Tyson has added so many pieces to my lifes puzzle but there will always be one missing for him as well. I also added the lyrics to one of his favorite songs "Carrying your love with me". Its a Geore Straight song that we used at the funeral, and it seemed so appropriate now that I am leaving and going on the road. No matter what I do or where I go, I will carry his love with me.












Dont worry mom I think Im done with Tattoos... for now :)

Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

  1. The link to the web page didn't work but here it is...

    http://christcommunity-church.org/site/cpage.asp?cpage_id=140023083&sec_id=140001636&nc=1293629433171.75

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey you seriously are an inspiration. I know we still havent met, maybe one day we will thru Tal. I love that you are strong with your walk with the Lord and that you share that on your blog. It makes me think about how I live my life.
    I love your tattoo and the song lyric you put with it. My mom got a tattoo for my brother after he died in 2005. I think that is a way for us to know our loved one is always with us. I have comtemplated getting one too for my brother as he was my best friend.
    I love reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey.....Your strength and your grace really does help the people around you and I truly admire you. I was really sick and tired of people telling me that everything happens for a reason when I lost my grandmother, but now I can step back a realize that it's true. Life is so challenging and it will never stop being a challenge. You are proof that life is grand and it does carry on. You want the world to stop but it doesn't and that can be frustrating. You my dear are truly an inspiration and I will pray for you and your family. Good luck out there, it truly is a beautiful world. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete