Friday, July 22, 2011

Washington D.C 2004 & 2011

In 2004 Tyson's cousin Leif married his wife Janine in Washington D.C., they live in Alexandria, Virginia. As I started taking pictures this time around, I realized that most of these pictures were going to be repeats. I tried to remember back on the pictures I took 7 years before in November. Besides the most obvious change that Tyson is gone I think the visual of the difference in seasons and growth in trees in the back round are kind of interesting. A little bit metaphorical on the changes we experience in life and "seasons" of life as well. I specifically sought out the picture of the one of me and the bench. It was hard but it seemed a very fitting visual of the most drastic change in my life. I needed to do it for me. It was hard and felt horrible making Ashley take the picture knowing Tyson sat there with me years before, but I had to do it... for me. The picture of Tyson and I on the bench was taken by our youngest nephew Cade as a little guy. He was the only standing by us so we made him take the picture of us. You can tell its taken from a low angle.

Also me 7 years later... I look the same but definitely have gained a few pounds and few more grey hair! HAHAHA its true! Maybe not that much grey but there is some. I definitely feel older and wiser for the experiences I have had from then until know. From 2004 to 2011 I have grown as a Christian, graduated college, bought a house, got married and experienced the greatest loss one can feel. 7 years can make you a big kid for sure.

These pictures break my heart and then instantly make me smile. Wow that amazing man loved me and I loved him. We were blessed! How can that not put a smile on my face? But boy do I miss him...
















1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful picture of you and Tyson sitting on the bench

    ReplyDelete