Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 2011

Well my last post was prior to the anniversary and I wanted to update everyone. I survived I guess, as best as you can after the crazy year I have been through. Ups and downs, lefts and right, back and fourths. I rented a room for myself on June 16th and 17th so that I could sit. Sit and be sad, sit and think, sit and read, sit and write. I did it all. I kept a sort of journal starting last summer to write down emotions, worries, memories, thoughts and what nots. I sobbed as I read back on all of that and it was great. Everyday I focus on putting my smile on, as well as my big girl panties and dealing with life. I haven't given myself much time to be sad and upset. Since the day of the accident people have been watching my every move. It was nice to not have to do that for one day and to release all that pent up hurt and emotion. Its what I needed and how I needed to spend the day. I could easily spend everyday doing that but why? Who wants to be miserable everyday? Being miserable for this one day was exhausting enough. I would rather live happy and have moments of misery that I can pray through, or think on for a few minutes and then move on from. That's how I've chosen to approach this year. Its worked for me but I know its not for everyone.

I received lots of lots of heart felt messages from everyone and I thank you for those. One of my favorites being from someone who said that through my strength and trust in God, they themselves have become closer to God and become more trusting in him. This person knows who they are and I love them with my whole heart and soul. Thank you for sharing this with me because thats the exact thing someone in pain needs to hear. That they matter and that they have helped to change the heart of one person. Tyson would have died a thousand deaths to bring one person closer to God and so would I. Thank you.

Updates on tour:

I have less than 5 weeks of tour and its starting to sink in. I will have to say goodbye to all the friends I have made on tour. Haven't I said goodbye enough? I try not to think about it too much but the end is nearing and life will change yet again. Man I really HATE change, but the new normal will come and I settle in to that just as easy I'm sure.










Since the two weeks I was home I spent two weeks in Cleveland (first 5 pictures) where the highlights were Cedar Point - which has the scariest roller coasters I have ever been on... like no seriously the SCARIEST, a Cleveland Indians game, and The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. My favorite ride at Cedar Point was the Top Thrill Dragster which goes from 0-120 mph in 4 seconds and shoots you straight up 420 feet in the air then returning to earth at a 90 degree angel. The ride literally last 12 seconds but the anticipation before the ride is killer! Here's a video of the fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjN7zArwiI











From there I went to Philly(2nd 7 pictures), The City of Brotherly Love, where I had the Chance to Visit Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross' House, the place where Benjamin Franklin is buried, Eastern State Penitentiary - The Worlds First Penitentiary, Amish Country and the Greatest of all a true Philly Cheese Steak with cheese whiz and all (magical).













I am currently in Washington D.C. (last 5 pictures) and have a ton of awesome pictures here. We saw Fords Theater where Lincoln was shot, The Capitol, The Lincoln Monument, The White House, I got to celebrate my 27th birthday in our nations capitol as well as the 4th of July in front of the White House watching the fireworks!!!






1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so bummed because I realized I must have missed your birthday:( Curse Apple's new cloud that messed up my calendar sync! But you've seen such amazing places. I love seeing where you've been. And your short hair is still so cute! Change is hard, but it'll sure be nice to have you back home!

    ReplyDelete