Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Week, New City

Well were are on the Tail end of San Deigo. We arrived on Monday and it was sunny warm and exactly what we needed coming from Denver. Ashley and I both started sing California Girls when we got off the plane!

We checked in to the hotel which is a historic hotel called The Sophia in the heart of downtown. Its a wee bit smaller than the rooms we had in Denver but its very clean and modern and the free lotion smells GREAT!!! I take them and put them in my purse the the cleaning lady will leave more! HAHAHA

This week Ashley and I havnt done too much since we are only here a week, we dont have too much downtime so we are trying to balance hanging out and seeing the city. We went to the beach on Thursday and watched our friend Forest surf and we worked on our tans.

Yesterday Timmy and Corinna drove down for the day. They took Ashley and I out to breakfast at a faboulus place that was featured on the Food Network called Cafe 222. I had amazing Peanut Butter and Bannana French Toast. It was sooo good, Im still thinking about it.

Since my computer was broken I asked them to re-search a new computer for me so they brought a New Mac book for me and showed me all the features and downloaded all the programs on it for me. We sat in the lobby most of the afternoon and they had the chance to meet some of the cast and crew as they walked through the lobby to and from thier rooms at the hotel. This is the first computer that I have ever purchased. Now I can post pictures once I load them off my camera.

Last night Lindsey, Kyle, Ashleys good friends Jessica and Jason drove down to San Diego. Ryan, Nicole, Stephanie, Greg, Robert came this morning and Harold and Marissa are coming later today. We sure feel loved and are excited to have dinner and go out with everyone tonight.

Im sitting at the theater typing this post and the song/scence that affects me most during the play just came on and I thought I would share it with you. The words are:

I know the night is dying dear...
I know the day will dawn...
The dancers may disappear-
Still the dance goes on

and on.

I'll wake alone tomorrow,
The dream of our dances through.

But now until forever, love
I'll live to dance with you.

I'll dream, my love...
I'll live, my love...
and I'll die to dance with-


We leave for San Francisco on Monday and we are so excited to be in one place for 4 weeks. We discovered this week that the one week cities are hard. We want to do everything we can in each city but we do value our downtime too.

In San Diego the theater is very small and we dont have any place to put our backstock or a nice place to plug in our printer and computer. We are storing our boxes in the room that the teater stores the Grand Piano and we have to find the local prop guy to open it everytime we need something so its kinda a bummer.

Alright well I guess thats it for now. Hope you all have great weekend :)

1 comment: