Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Denver is growing on me, it really is. We've been doing more walking and our hotel is only a half a mile from the theater. There is a really cool outdoor mall on 16th street that has a complimentary shuttle running all day long. It has a ton of places to shop and plenty of cheap and expensive places to eat.

Yesterday was our first full day and our first "load in" day. Araca sent out another merch manager who is currently between shows to help us with load out in L.A. and load in here in Denver. He thinks Ashley and I are a sideshow from a circus and we have to agree. We got things set up and had a good first night of sales in Denver. Our stock room is literally a cage backstage... good thing we don't believe in ghosts otherwise we would be pretty freaked out. Every theater we've been to has an old ghost of a person who died at the theater and everytime Ashley and I hear that we roll our eyes.

Today Ashley and I slept and relaxed most of the day. I actually made it down to the gym so I met one of my goals for this year. The reading plan is behind schedule. Actually it hasn't even started. The first few days I was busy packing to leave and upon arrival in Denver I went to turn on Tyson laptop and it didn't work so I can't access anything on the computer which included pictures from my cameras, music or my bible reading plan. Looks like it will start the first of February...

This means all posts are coming from my phone which means lots of spelling errors and no pictures until I get the computer situation figured out. :(

For dinner tonight Ashley and I ate at Cafe Rialto on 16th street. I had a hard time deciding what to get and Ashley mentioned that our good friend Nida said the Bison burger was something we should try while we were in Denver. so I decided to just do it. no better time than now right? It aS Very very good. it tasted like a very tender hamburge, I really wouldn't have notice a difference if I didn't know before I ordered it. Tonight I'm off of work. Joe and Ashley are working giving me the night off so here I am on the hotel room knitting and watching another one of Tyson favorite movies Tin Cup. He always thought this one was funny, but then again he had a lot of favorite movies.

Here is the link for the tour schedule so if you want to come see us or are in any of the same towns and want to meet up, let me know. Tell us sooner than later, we would hate for a bunch of people to come into town the same weekend and we wouldn't be able to hang out with you as much as we would like to.

http://www.nexttonormal.com/tour_tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment