Monday, February 14, 2011

The 13th - My Valentines Day

When I met Tyson the summer before my Senior year of high school started I knew I had a keeper. We met early August and sometime in September we decided together that we were "dating" and that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I asked him what our anniversary was, since boyfriends and girlfriends always had an anniversary date. He choose August 13th since he liked 13 and didn't believe it was an unlucky number and it would be easy for him to remember. Being those awkward first few months, Valentines day was approaching and I started to think about it. For the first time I had a boyfriend on Valentines day... SCORE!!!

I asked him a few weeks before if there was anything he wanted to do for Valentines day. Thats when he broke the news to me that his dads birthday was on Valentines day. BUMMER! No cute valentines day dinner or cutsey day just for us. He came up with something even better. Since our "6 month" anniversary would fall on February 13th we would make it a tradition to have Valentines Day/6 month anniversary on the day before so we could spend the 14th with his dad for his birthday. It was something we did every February and something I treasured and felt special for the two of us.

Even though its nice to have special days like anniversaries and valentines day to designate to spend with your significant other I knew every single day that Tyson loved me. Its that confidence in our love that gets me through each day since he passed away. I was his Valentine 365 days a year then and now. Love you Stinky!!!


Today I spent the day with Ashley and her Awesome family. Her mom, dad, sister, aunt, uncle, two cousins and their awesome son Ryden. Ryden somehow became my Valentine with his sun-kissed locks and gorgeous blue eyes. He took me hand, hung out with me, melted my heart and made me feel special and he is only 2 years old!!! This guy got a super dooper head start on making the ladies swoon. He finished the night off by singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds for us on the car ride back to our hotel. We even had matching hats with ears! Somehow this cutie pie knew I needed some extra love today and he delivered!

Thank you to all my friends and family who make me feel loved each day including today im so blessed to have each of you in my life :)

My new friend Ryden and I

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love reading your blog. I wish I could see you sometime soon! Are you coming home in the summer at all? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, you are a sweetie pie! I love hearing about all the memories you and Ty made over the years. Thank you for always sharing. And I love the new blog background. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lindsey! Always thinking of you! The picture of you and Ryden is so cute. Love the matching hats.

    ReplyDelete