Thursday, April 14, 2011

Des Moines is French for "The Moines"

This was a hilarious shirt Ashley and I say at the store is Des Moines called Raygun and we kept referncing it all week long, and possibly for the rest of our lives. Its also the store who made the "Kiss me I'm Iowish" shirts Ashley and I sported on St. Patricks Day!


http://raygunsite.com/





Hey guys, I have not been able to sit down and write in a few weeks. The last 4 cities were one week cities and it was hard to get to the touristy stuff and work and have time to veg out in between. So I thought I would give you a brief over view of each city over the next week.

Des Moines, Iowa 3-14 to 3-20

The week started off checking into the Embassy Suites in Downtown Des Moines and finding out that the hotel was doing some construction. Some of us were affected by it and some of us were not. Ashley and I were lucky enough to have them drilling and hammering next to our room non-stop the entire week starting at 8:30 and going till after 5. YAY!!! St. Patricks day was the big event of the week with Downtown Des Moines pulling out all the stop for a parade and the after parade events held at our very own hotel. Upon leaving our rooms that day we found hundreds of people in the atrium of the hotel and hundreds maybe a few thousand in the streets around the hotel. It was a ton of fun to watch everyone get excited and dress up. We put on our green and braved the crowded streets. The end of the week was uneventful but I loved the quiteness and slow pace attitude on Des Moines after leaving Seattle.





The State Capitol at night!













Ashley and I at the booth in the lobby in Des Moines














Java Joes - an awesome little coffee shop in the Downtown Area!










Our afternoon of antiquing - I found some lovely gloves and a hat, while Perry found a mandolin









Our afternoon of fun on St. Patricks day, including dogs with green nails, bag pipers and "Kiss me I'm Iowish" shirts!













Lastly, a picture of Keith (a.k.a. "Road Dad"), Forest (a.k.a. "baby brother"), Me and Ashley soaking up some sun in Des Moines after three weeks in rainy cold Seattle!

Next City: Providence, RI!

No comments:

Post a Comment