Monday, March 7, 2011



In about an hour Tyson would be 29 years old. I flew in from Seattle where the tour is this week and arrived back in California to come home to celebrate the life of a beautiful man who continues to touch lives and inspire people. Home is a weird word these days. For so long my home was Tyson, not a house with four walls and roof like most would think. The man who loved me to the core and made me feel that love everyday I knew him... he is my home. He is still my home, though not physically, spiritually and in every other way possible, he continues to bring me the comfort and familiarity that home brings most people. I am again staying in his old bedroom at his parents house here in Simi. I had many offers but there is something about being here that makes me feel like he is here with me because this was his home for so long. His family, our dog, the rooms, the memories and the things he loved continue to make me feel safe, bring comfort and somehow brings me closer to him.



Tomorrow I am having breakfast with his family at John Bagel Deli. Last year I woke up early for the gym before work and on my way home, I stopped there to get him his favorite Cheddar cheese bagel. I have a doctors appt., a hair appt. and then everyone is invited to Tim and Vetas where we will celebrate. The goal is for there to be no tears (but I can't make any promises) to surround ourselves with the people Tyson loved so dearly and enjoy the things he loved to eat. Some of his top favorites being... Grilled Cheese, Hot Tamales (the candy), Dr. Pepper & Coke, Frozen Eggo Waffles, Chocolate Frosted Donuts, Sugar Cookies, Vanilla Ice Cream, Entire bowls of whipped cream and countless other items that fall into the junk food category. For those of you who knew him well, we can all say that he ate these things liberally and somehow never gained a single pound!

Tonight Im wearing his favorite pajamas and hope he smiling down on me and cracking up at the sight!



March 8th will always be a day that I celebrate because the man I love, the best husband, son, brother, uncle, cousin, nephew, grandson and friend that we were all lucky enough to know was born and has forever changed us! He will continue to be my hero until the day I die.

Happy Birthday to my Stinky!






Last year on his birthday, blowing out the candles!



Tyson and his staple favorite food... GRILLED CHEESE from Cheescake Factory!

No comments:

Post a Comment